Monday, October 17, 2011

The Complaint Department...........or,"Ain't That a Shame"

Usually I can be pretty upbeat.  Maybe it's that winter is creeping into our lives, but I am having a hard time right now staying positive.  It doesn't help that there are little things that bug me.  It's usually a little thing that is the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back.

Today I am going to mention a few things that really irritate me.

I've already mentioned the plugs on electric items---- one fat prong and one normal one, and they never fit into the plug the first time.  That sort of explains the kinds of things that I am talking about here.

Have you noticed that restaurants no longer put spoons on the table?? Okay, I am sure I've seen one or two, but for the most part, you have to ask for a spoon, these days.  I've learned to carry a spoon along to one Mexican restaurant, so I can eat the salsa without the chips. Pay attention to this, because if they can leave the spoon off the table, maybe they will soon leave the knife and fork off, too! What if you want that last little blob of gravy, and a spoon is the only tool that can scoop it up? There we sit, spoonless!  (And if you HADN'T noticed this, now that you are aware of it, you will!)

Libraries, my favorite places, put the bar codes and other stickers over the titles and name of the author!  I had to virtually remove one of those plastic jackets, which involved turning it inside out and bending my hand at an odd angle, to take a sticker off to find out who wrote the book I was reading! Okay, I hear you telling me that her name would be on the title page.........but if I had written that book, I would want my name shining on the front cover, wouldn't you?

It's the same thing with picture frames.  The stores put the price tag on the glass!  Who wants to bring home a brand new frame and not just wash the glass, but have to scrub the glass before putting Aunt Nellie's picture out before her visit?

NetFlix ads keep flying into my face whenever I visit certain web sites. Don't they "get it" that the first time I x-ed out their ad, maybe I didn't WANT to sign up for NetFlix?  But even after HUNDREDS of times, the little red ad continues to pop up.  I wonder if I did sign up, if that would stop it?

Polska Kielbasa, one of God's gifts to humans, comes so tightly sealed in plastic that I have to surgically remove it.  (You think I am being really picky, now, don't you.........)

Giada De Laurentiis, the Food Network star? Does this woman EAT??? How many meals have I watched her prepare, my mouth drooling, and occasionally she might stick her finger into something and put a tad onto her tongue and tell me how good it is, but we don't see her EAT.  Even when she has a party at the end of a show, everyone else eats and drinks while she just stands there weighing maybe 85 pounds, smiling happily.  I want to SEE her EAT.  If I take a taste of what I'm cooking, I gain two pounds.

Macy's Department Store.  I am too lazy to cut out a coupon, so I never have one.  If I were to go into Macy's, I couldn't get the "deal," because I do not have that little piece of paper, so I have made the conscious decision to never go into Macy's again, so I won't be disappointed. (I hope their marketing strategist reads this.)  I wonder how many other women, primed to spend money, avoid Macy's for that same reason!!!!

L'Oreal, the company that I'm worth it to use their hair coloring, has changed all the models on the boxes of hair dye.(No, that blond hair you see is not natural.......had you fooled, though, didn't I?) Just as I got familiar with the lovely young woman on that box front, named her Blondie, and knew who I was looking for in the hair dye aisle, they pulled a switcheroo and put some unrecognizable lady in her place!  I had to go home, look up the NUMBER for the color, and then go back and introduce myself to the new girl.  I feel as if I've lost a friend.

Shampoo and conditioner bottles can be mixed-up in the shower, unless I choose to wear my glasses to wash my hair, which would not only LOOK odd, but get my glasses wet.  I am going to label the bottles with giant S and C letters, using permanent marker.  (Imagine the visual of my discovery of this issue.) Why didn't THEY think of this?

I bet you can hardly wait until the dead of winter, when I start to really find fault with stuff, huh?



Copyright: KP Gillenwater